How to paint a room if you have never painted a room before and need some help.
The beauty of painting your space is that it allows it to become your own. However, if you’ve never painted before, you might be unsure where to start.
Prepare Your Space
First, you need to prepare your space for the job. Painting can be messy and if you have unnecessary things lying around you can risk wasting something you value with paint that does not come off. The most important house painting advice is to remove all the furniture in the room you are painting. Move the furniture into another part of the house. If there is furniture that cannot fit through the door, place it in the middle of the room and away from the walls, and cover it with a nylon cloth for protection.
Protect your floor from spilled paint by using professional drop cloths on the entire surface. Remove everything hanging from the wall so you can cover the whole wall. Before painting, make sure that you have thoroughly cleaned the walls with a solution of water and a mild detergent. This will ensure that you get a smoothly painted surface after you are finished.
You can also find us at the following places for more information.
- Painters Bantry Bay, Painters Bellville, Painters Bishops Court, Painters Brackenfell
- Painters Bloubergstrand, Painters Cape Town, Painters Camps Bay, Painters Claremont
- Painters Clifton, Painters Constantia, Painters Durbanville, Painters False Bay
- Painters Fish Hoek, Painters Franschhoek, Painters Fresnaye, Painters Gardens
- Painters Green Point, Painters Higgovale, Painters Hout Bay, Painters Kalk Bay
- Painters Kanonberg, Painters Kenilworth, Painters Kuils River, Painters Kommetjie
- Painters La Rochelle, Painters Loevenstein, Painters Llandudno, Painters Melkbosstrand
- Painters Milnerton, Painters Mouille Point, Painters Muizenberg, Painters Newlands
- Painters Noordhoek, Painters Cape Town Northern Suburbs, Painters Oranjezicht
- Painters Oude Westhof, Painters Paarl, Painters Pinelands, Painters Plattekloof
- Painters Plumstead, Painters Protea Valley, Painters Rondebosch, Painters Rosendal
- Painters Sea Point, Painters Simons Town, Painters Cape Town Southern Suburbs
- Painters Table View, Painters Tamboerskloof, Painters Three Anchor Bay, Painters Tokai
- Painters Tyger Waterfront,
- Many other surrounding areas
Choose Your Paint Color
The key to a successful paint project is choosing the perfect color. Color is very important because it interacts with your mood. Think about the way you view colors and what kind of a mood certain colors evoke. Depending on the purpose of the space, consider the following colors.