I took an excerpt from this interesting article by The Spruce. To read more about these tips, head over to their blog post.
Accent walls are alive and well in the decorating industry. These easy and stylish color accents will always be popular because of their flexibility. You have unlimited paint options for your accent wall, as well as other surfaces and materials. Even the location of your accent wall is purely personal. Your home is unique, so your accent wall should be just as special. Accent walls can be used in any room if you know the essential dos and don’ts.
DON’T shy away from using a bold color for your accent wall. As long as you have the right accents around the room to coordinate with your new color, you can choose whatever color makes you happy.
DO think outside of the box when you are considering your new accent wall. You are not limited to simple wall paint covering the wall. Think about other ways to use paint color. Your accent wall may be perfect for stripes or for a specialty paint finish. Metallics are powerful style statements for an accent wall.
DON’T forget that there is more to accent walls than just paint. Have you considered stone or tile for your accent wall? Extensive shelving can also work as an accent wall in a room that lacks an architectural feature and lacks storage. Your accent wall can also include a gallery of photos or artwork or even a fabric-draped wall. The secret to accent walls is that they are the most flexible decorating secret weapon you can have. The only rule for accent walls is that they accent a wall. That’s it.
DO consider an accent wall even if you’re keeping your room neutral. Accent walls can work just as well in a neutral color, as a bright one. The initial idea of an accent wall conjures up visions of bright red or blue, but in a neutral color scheme, a dark brown wall is just as dramatic.
DO take into account the color on your other walls. Most accent walls look best when they adjoin walls in a light to medium shade. Accent walls in an all-white room are stunning but tricky. The contrast of a bright accent wall against white walls can look very modern and even stark. Balance your strong accent wall color with neutral wall colors on the other walls. Your neutral walls can be gray, or greige, or beige, whatever works best with your accent color. if you do choose to accent a wall in a white room, soften the contrast with mid-tone accent colors to bridge the difference.
- Painters Bantry Bay, Painters Bellville, Painters Bishops Court, Painters Brackenfell
- Painters Bloubergstrand, Painters Cape Town, Painters Camps Bay, Painters Claremont
- Painters Clifton, Painters Constantia, Painters Durbanville, Painters False Bay
- Painters Fish Hoek, Painters Franschhoek, Painters Fresnaye, Painters Gardens
- Painters Green Point, Painters Higgovale, Painters Hout Bay, Painters Kalk Bay
- Painters Kanonberg, Painters Kenilworth, Painters Kuils River, Painters Kommetjie
- Painters La Rochelle, Painters Loevenstein, Painters Llandudno, Painters Melkbosstrand
- Painters Milnerton, Painters Mouille Point, Painters Muizenberg, Painters Newlands
- Painters Noordhoek, Painters Cape Town Northern Suburbs, Painters Oranjezicht
- Painters Oude Westhof, Painters Paarl, Painters Pinelands, Painters Plattekloof
- Painters Plumstead, Painters Protea Valley, Painters Rondebosch, Painters Rosendal
- Painters Sea Point, Painters Simons Town, Painters Cape Town Southern Suburbs
- Painters Table View, Painters Tamboerskloof, Painters Three Anchor Bay, Painters Tokai
- Painters Tyger Waterfront, Painters Val de Vie Estate, Painters Van Riebeeckshof
- Painters Vredehoek, Painters V&A Waterfront, Painters Vygeboom, Painters Welgedacht
- Painters Welgemoed, Painters Wynberg
- Many other surrounding areas
- Paarl, Franschhoek, Home painters, house painters, roof painters, roof painting, window painters, window painting, residential painters.