Read this great article from Dulux Paints
A lick of paint is an easy and affordable way to give a room an instant update but, according to an AkzoNobel survey, around one in 10 people say they are put off decorating because they don’t know where to start.
Our handy decorating tips check-list arms you with all the tools and tricks you need to get a professional-looking finish – whether you’re a first-time painter or a regular re-decorator.
1. Pick your paint
The colour of your walls has a huge impact on the overall look and feel of a room, so it’s important to get it right. If you’re struggling to choose, the Dulux Visualizer app gives you an instant digital impression of your wall colour, so you can try out different shades before you pick up a paint brush.
Once you’ve found your perfect shade, you can use the Dulux paint calculator to work out exactly how much you need to buy.
2. Reach for the tape
Cover wall sockets, window frames, coving, door hardware, and anything else that you don’t want to paint, with masking tape. Make sure you apply it in a neat, straight line so the edge of your paint turns out equally neat.
3. Cover Up
It’s usually a good idea to remove all furniture from the room, but if you don’t have the space, cover it with drop cloths or plastic sheeting instead. Plastic carrier bags are a cheap and easy way to protect things like light fittings.
You should always place a drop cloth underneath the area you are painting, ideally taping it down. Paint drips have a tendency to sneak onto your floor no matter how careful you are, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Also visit us here for more information on painting tips
- Painters Bantry Bay, Painters Bellville, Painters Bishops Court, Painters Brackenfell
- Painters Bloubergstrand, Painters Cape Town, Painters Camps Bay, Painters Claremont
- Painters Clifton, Painters Constantia, Painters Durbanville, Painters False Bay
- Painters Fish Hoek, Painters Franschhoek, Painters Fresnaye, Painters Gardens
- Painters Green Point, Painters Higgovale, Painters Hout Bay, Painters Kalk Bay
- Painters Kanonberg, Painters Kenilworth, Painters Kuils River, Painters Kommetjie
- Painters La Rochelle, Painters Loevenstein, Painters Llandudno, Painters Melkbosstrand
- Painters Milnerton, Painters Mouille Point, Painters Muizenberg, Painters Newlands
- Painters Noordhoek, Painters Cape Town Northern Suburbs, Painters Oranjezicht
- Painters Oude Westhof, Painters Paarl, Painters Pinelands, Painters Plattekloof
- Painters Plumstead, Painters Protea Valley, Painters Rondebosch, Painters Rosendal
- Painters Sea Point, Painters Simons Town, Painters Cape Town Southern Suburbs
- Painters Table View, Painters Tamboerskloof, Painters Three Anchor Bay, Painters Tokai
- Painters Tyger Waterfront, Painters Val de Vie Estate, Painters Van Riebeeckshof
- Painters Vredehoek, Painters V&A Waterfront, Painters Vygeboom, Painters Welgedacht
- Painters Welgemoed, Painters Wynberg
- Many other surrounding areas
- House Painting, Residential Painting.