Color sets the stage in any room. One way to bring more color into your home is to use an accent wall. It’s easy to create an accent wall in your home with some painting advice. If you are wondering how to paint an accent wall yourself instead of hiring house painters, you’ll find out here.
1. Picking A Wall
An accent wall is a wall painted a different color from the rest of the room and will naturally garner attention. Choosing the right wall will highlight an already prominent feature of the room.
It’s best to select a wall in an open area that has lots of light, either natural or artificial.
The wall that your eye is pulled towards or that has interesting architectural features is especially good.
2. Choosing the Color
A single accent wall can help tie everything in the house together, if you choose the color carefully.
Many people like to go with bold colors when making an accent wall. However, almost any contrasting color will do, so look at your favorite colors to highlight a wall.
If you have minor hints of one color in the room, like red, adding in that color as an accent wall is ideal. The entire room will look organized and part of an overall design scheme.
3. Choosing a Paint Sheen
Next, think about the kind of paint sheen that you want. Each paint sheen reflects light differently and you can use that knowledge to set the mood of the room.
A subtle eggshell finish can make the entire room feel softer.
Shinier finishes, like semi-gloss or satin, will help add light and make the wall stand out even more.
- Painters Bantry Bay, Painters Bellville, Painters Bishops Court, Painters Brackenfell
- Painters Bloubergstrand, Painters Cape Town, Painters Camps Bay, Painters Claremont
- Painters Clifton, Painters Constantia, Painters Durbanville, Painters False Bay
- Painters Fish Hoek, Painters Franschhoek, Painters Fresnaye, Painters Gardens
- Painters Green Point, Painters Higgovale, Painters Hout Bay, Painters Kalk Bay
- Painters Kanonberg, Painters Kenilworth, Painters Kuils River, Painters Kommetjie
- Painters La Rochelle, Painters Loevenstein, Painters Llandudno, Painters Melkbosstrand
- Painters Milnerton, Painters Mouille Point, Painters Muizenberg, Painters Newlands
- Painters Noordhoek, Painters Cape Town Northern Suburbs, Painters Oranjezicht
- Painters Oude Westhof, Painters Paarl, Painters Pinelands, Painters Plattekloof
- Painters Plumstead, Painters Protea Valley, Painters Rondebosch, Painters Rosendal
- Painters Sea Point, Painters Simons Town, Painters Cape Town Southern Suburbs
- Painters Table View, Painters Tamboerskloof, Painters Three Anchor Bay, Painters Tokai
- Painters Tyger Waterfront, Painters Val de Vie Estate, Painters Van Riebeeckshof
- Painters Vredehoek, Painters V&A Waterfront, Painters Vygeboom, Painters Welgedacht
- Painters Welgemoed, Painters Wynberg
- Many other surrounding areas
- Painters, Painting, House Painting, Home Painting, Residential Painting.